First Semester Reflections

Quality of Work:
    In the beginning of the year, I spent more time thinking about each photography project. However, as the year went on, I didn't give much thought to each project. I had a hard time coming up with creative ideas for each project and I often chose to photograph the easiest thing. I didn't put as much thought into the conceptual projects. I also didn't always take enough photos for an index print, so that is something I need to improve. I did, however, finish my work on time.

Effort:  
   I put more effort in the assignments I like and I usually avoid ideas that are more difficult. For example, I enjoyed the minimalism project and spent a lot of time on it. I took more than the required number of photos. I also spent a lot of time researching on how to use the manual mode on the camera for this assignment. However, on the blue and shadow project, I just took a photograph of the easiest thing. I like looking at other people's work for inspiration. I don't always like the photographs I take for the assignments and often feel like I could have done something better.

Participation:
     I'm usually on time to class, however I don't always use my time wisely. On the photoshop assignments, I usually try to finish those assignments fast so I can use the rest of the time as a study hall to finish my other homework.

Improvement:
     Photography is something that really interests me, and something I would like to pursue in the future. I want my photographs to have a deeper meaning in them. I also need to learn more about how to use my camera and the different modes on them.
   

Comments

Popular Posts